The Fourth Annual TAIAO Summer Meeting was held on Saturday June 17 at NYOS Charter School in Austin.
Full minutes of the meeting are available below. Highlights of the meeting included:
- Expansion of the Steering Committee to FIVE members. Billy Helm (Bastrop Tribe), and Monti Woolley (Ft Worth THESA) were elected to two year terms. Jimmy Stanford was re-elected to a two year term. Rush Cone and Wayne Alldredge have one year remaining in their term.
- Financial Report was delivered including small fee increases to ensure the financial viability of the league.
- Minor changes were made to the Basketball Plan. The new version is available here.
- Expansion to other sports including Soccer, Golf and Swimming was discussed. A Soccer Committee Chair (Mike Franz – Headwaters) was nominated and accepted the nomination.
- Awards were issued after a Commissioners Report was delivered. The need for better communication, possible summer camps, and continued expansion and fundraising were discussed
- An option for changing the Playoff Selection Process in football was discussed to avoid a repeat of 2016 when Division 1 had only 4 teams after rosters were counted on Sept 15. The plan discussed is available HERE. The football committee will take the feedback they received and will finalize the football plan no later than August 1.
- All of the Committee Chairs or their representative made reports.